Marketing strategist with an integrated approach and track record of delivering strategic services with a digital focus. Experience hiring, supervising and developing teams, while being accountable for P&Ls. Background in agency and client consulting; founding agency practice areas; and acting as a change agent within marketing organizations. Expert presenter with intense attention to detail, entrepreneurial spirit and passion for business.
SVP, Group Strategy Director | NYC & Boston Leadership Teams, Global Creative Council | Jack Morton Worldwide (IPG) | 1/2017-Present
• Heading the NYC and Boston strategy departments, overseeing the hiring, development and day-to-day work of team members.
• Fostering senior client relationships from new business pitch to ongoing engagements for accounts including Love Has No Labels (Ad Council), Calvin Klein, Subway, Liberty Mutual and Eaton.
• North American Strategy Representative to the agency’s Global Creative Council, charged with increasing quality of work of the agency globally and driving best practices across 18 global offices.
VP, Strategy Director | Boston Leadership Team | Jack Morton Worldwide (IPG) | 3/2014-1/2017
• Headed the Boston strategy department, overseeing the hiring, development and day-to-day work of team members.
• Led end-to-end account strategy (research, channel planning, creative briefs and measurement) for clients including Subway, Liberty Mutual, PUMA, Intel, Fidelity, MGH, 2(X)IST and Eaton Corporation.
• Spurred the office’s 40% YOY growth as a member of the Leadership Team, carrying responsibility for capturing new business, stimulating organic account growth and guiding vision for the office.
• Crafted vision for agency’s service offerings, including raising the bar for strategy, creative and measurement.
• Developed thought leadership for international speaking engagements, press interviews and white papers.
Senior Strategist | Global Creative Council | Jack Morton Worldwide (IPG) | 11/2011-3/2014
• Led and supervised teams providing end-to-end strategy (research, channel planning, creative briefs and measurement) for clients such as Subway, P&G, GM (Chevrolet/GMC), Intel, Oracle and Eaton Corporation.
• Secured major new business wins such as Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation, Olay and Tribe Hummus.
• Served on agency’s nine-person Global Creative Council at the appointment of the Executive Team.
• Built agency’s thought leadership profile through international speaking, press interviews and white papers.
Communications Strategist | Management Team | Oxford Communications | 5/2009-11/2011
• Founded and developed thriving Communications Strategy practice (social, mobile, digital and search media) from the ground up, with ongoing responsibility for departmental P&Ls, growth and hiring.
• Drove progressive strategic planning across full roster of clients, including Brother International, Prime Retail Outlets, Robert Wood Johnson Hospitals, Quick Chek, Hollywood Tans and Drexel University.
• Spearheaded new business efforts that yielded significant revenue for the agency from both national and international accounts including Bombardier Inc., Audiovox Corporation and Villa Enterprise Management.
• Acted as agency’s public voice and thought leader through press interviews and industry speaking events.
Strategy Consultant | Clients: Street Attack, Espresso, Refine+Focus, BiGMarK | 9/2008-5/2009
• Collaborated with advertising agencies and brands, as a digital and social media consultant servicing accounts, pitching new business and training agency staff on industry best practices.
• Managed influencer programs, social media initiatives, word-of-mouth campaigns, sales enablement development, and UX consulting for clients including Mashable, GlobalPost, Jive Software and InternetIsFun.
Marketing Consultant and Graphic Designer | The Plenary Group | 6/2005-9/2008
• Launched and ran a marketing consultancy delivering identity development, design and digital marketing.
Tapped to speak globally at conferences and industry events on topics including data and creativity, digital and social media. Recent engagements include SXSW Interactive, International CES, Microsoft BizSpark and FutureM. Over 750,000 views of globally recognized white papers. Relied upon by press for interviews.
Emerson College | GPA: 4.0 | Suma Cum Laude | B.S. Marketing Communications: Advertising and Public Relations
Honors Program, Dean’s List, Gold Key Honor Society, Who’s Who Among Students, AAF NSAC Finalist
Internships: Arnold Worldwide, Carat Fusion and The Rendon Group
Enrichment: Specialty Programs
• Option® Portfolio School | Creative Concepting: Copywriting & Art Direction
• Massachusetts College of Art and Design | Web Design and Flash Animation
• Parsons The New School for Design | Industrial Design
• The School of the Art Institute of Chicago | Graphic Design
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
• Integrated marketing and brand strategy
• Digital, social media and emerging technology
• Channel, media and communications planning
• Measurement, analysis and optimization
• Primary and secondary research
• Expert presenter and superior writer/editor